Friday, May 28, 2010

Taste of fame

So as my very first blog ever, I thought I'd write about why I decided it was time to share my life with the world. It started back in the October issue of my favorite magazine, Rachel Ray. There were some Halloween muffins that have hands sticking out of a muffin made to look like a graveyard (see picture below) Now I can understand that this is a little grotesque looking, however the public was OUTRAGED. I bet I counted 25 people writing-in to say they're canceling their subscriptions and how RR should be ashamed of herself and how sick and morbid she is, blah, blah, blah, blah.

So I decided it was time to give these people a reality check about how this was truly NOT a life altering picture/dessert. Well a portion of my rant was published in the March issue, which made me feel pretty darn spiffy. So here I am. Voicing my rants for the world to hear, I hope you enjoy!



10/30/09 RR posting
Reading some of the You Love Us Not comments has prompted me to compose my very first post to any website ever. I wish there was a Go Fly A Kite department to where some of these compliants/posts can be routed to, I'd be happy to run it.
People are ridiculous! Offended by a Halloween recipe?? It's Halloween for goodness sakes- it's supposed to be icky, gross, and morbid!! Where are the comments about witches fingers and scrambled brains?? Don't make the recipe and get over it; don’t waste your time writing a complaint letter over something that trivial.
I feel like people don't realize that this magazine is not specifically made just for YOU. In response to Better Shop Around in October '09: it's not hogwash, not everyone has a strip mall with a discount store steps from their grocery store and I hope you realize that when they responded to you, they were laughing at you because I sure was.
These silly complaints have forced the editors to dummy down their magazine to prevent the complainers of the world to complain about the silliest things. Best example: September '09 page 78 where they suggest going to a Chinese Food place to get free chopsticks and had to put a disclaimer (which I found hilarious) that "offer null and void in towns without Chinese restaurants" to prevent a slew of people writing in that they don't have take-out in their town wah wah wah.
I'm ashamed to be grouped within this demographic and feel nothing but pity for the person that works at RR and has to read ridiculous complaints and give silly responses to pacify the people writing in. I'M SORRY MR/MRS EDITOR THAT READS THE COMPLIANTS!!!! I hope you read these with a mimosa in one hand in front of a conference room full of employees where the mockery never stops.

2 comments:

Kruger Kids said...

You are totally my favorite and I love your editorial! You make me laugh and I'm bookmarkin' this page baby!

Missy said...

Dude, when I saw that picture I totally laughed. What a silly thing to get outraged over. Some people just have nothing going on in their lives so they gotta create drama. Welcome to the blog club, your pocket-protecter and thick-rimmed glassed are in the mail.

Missy:)