Sunday, August 8, 2010

I prejudge people and I'm okay with that.

If you want me to instantly hate you, you should hang a set of one of those fake testicles from the hitch on your truck/car.

Yep, that'll do it.

I don't know what it is but automatically I hate that person. I just think that only a hill-billy, chauvinist, douchy, a$$hole would put that on his car.

The other day I was driving behind someone in a truck with those hanging from his hitch and because I instantly hated them, I instantly hated the driver. I was trying to place my anger/annoyance/disapproval for this mobile joke-on-wheels like maybe if I could place WHY I hate them so much, I wouldn't- but I couldn't place it other than my snap judgment: douche.

As I glare at them trying to find a reasonable explanation for my hatred, I find myself getting hypnotized by the swingy back and forth, back and forth motion. So I'm at a crossroads, do I continue to be lulled into submission by this distasteful car accessory or do I take a stand?

I snap out of the hypnosis and pass the guy, annoyed at myself for having temporarily gotten sucked into a testicle induced trance.

I'm still glowering over this extra appendage on the vehicle when my husband calls. I explain, in great detail, my hatred for this novelty item. He, the ever antagonistic, says that they're funny and cool and that once he gets a pickup truck, he wants to get a pair.

Noooooooooo.

It's not like I could tell a grown man who can make his own decision "no."

But that's exactly what I told him.

He just laughs and says "we'll see....."

Lord help him if he does, because it's not going to be pretty around here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you protest too loudly, he will probably get them. Then, you can have the 'pleasure' of spray painting them different colors from time to time...or clamp a Vise Grip Plier on them...or tie a pink ribbon on them...until your hubby willingly takes them off for fear of what you'll do next. Oh yes, we could have real fun with this one!!!

Your Mother-in-Law ;-)

Kruger Kids said...

I think it IS about time he "get a pair." HAHA!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.