Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Food. I love it- there isn't much more to say about that.

I used to think that when I was a child, I was a picky eater but as I grow-up and take notice what other people around me are eating- or NOT eating I'm starting to realize that I'm not as picky as I thought I was. In fact, I'm pretty willing to try almost anything if it's not spicy.

Spicy foods- THERE'S my weakness. I just can't seem to enjoy having my taste buds singed off as I'm enjoying my food- call me crazy.

But other than that, I think I'm pretty willing to try anything. The best example of the lengths I'm ready to go to try new things is I actually want to try mussels. My beloved FoodNetwork constantly talks about mussels and how delicious they are. They don't really look that appetizing and because it's seafood, I assume they don't really smell appetizing but if someone swears by something I'm not one to argue.

I'm just so in love with food that I can't help but want to try any and everything.

My newest introduction into my food repertoire has been seafood. I used to not eat any seafood but in high school my friends parents took us to Manny's Steakhouse (an oober expensive, fancy schmancy steak place) and what did I get at this steakhouse?

Salmon.

Yep.

In the fanciest restaurant I've ever been in and I get salmon.

Why you ask? No idea but it did spark my love of salmon. So I went from not eating any seafood to loving salmon.

Then a few years later I was introduced to scallops. Delicious!

And then shrimp- equally delicious! I get intense cravings for shrimp that completely take over my brain- I can't think of anything else, just when the next time I can get my shrimp score is. Like right now as I'm typing this my mouth is watering- a little drop of drool just fell on my keyboard. Mmmmmm...... Shriiiiiimmmmmmppp.

Now I just need to learn how to COOK the food I love to eat so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't eat seafood...except tuna in a can and fresh cod filets. I have, however, learned to cook seafood. I do steamed shrimp & crab legs, shrimp scampi, shrimp alfredo, panko crusted shrimp, marinated salmon cooked on a wood plank on the grill. He loves when I experiment with a new recipe. I love to keep it simple when I'm cooking. Come on down! We can even catch our own blue crab, if you'd like. You can name him before you eat him!

Your M-I-L ;-)

Mandy said...

You're always tempting me with treats to come down there, the list is getting pretty long! I love that you learned how to cook stuff you don't even eat!

Anonymous said...

Let me know how we can sweeten the pot! We really would love to have you visit! Of course you might have to remind me of all the things I promised...ha, ha, ha!

MIL ;-)