Friday, August 27, 2010

Obivously I didn't fit in

In May, there was a special at Curves where you could get 30 days of working out for $30. Having enjoyed working out at Curves in the past, I jumped at the chance to go back- even if was only for a month.

So for one month I worked out like crazy. I even worked out twice in one day just to get a jump-start on the summer.

Once my 30 days was up I was able to charm the owner into letting me continue working out for the next 3 months at the discounted rate.

Score! Yay for me!

So I've gotten to workout for the past 3 months but sadly, my 3 months is up and I'm not renewing my discounted membership so I was a little sad going in to workout last night as I knew I wouldn't be returning- just when I finally felt like I "belonged."

It's a really actually been a fun place to workout in. Everyone is friendly, there's low calorie recipes listed on the walls, there's drawings, interactive activities, and every week there's a new game to play for prizes.

For this week's activity to commemorate the State Fair, they posted a whiteboard for everyone to write their favorite thing about the State Fair. People put some fun things up: "people watching", "eating", "the petting zoo", "food", "the sky ride".

So on Tuesday I write: "eat more calories than I can burn in a week." Because- well, you know me: I like to EAT!!

During my last workout I nostalgically looked around at the recipes, the drawings, etc and I see the whiteboard with the favorite things to do at the State Fair and read what people have added "craft building", "concerts", "finding fun new things for teaching", blah, blah, blah.

I look at my own entry and someone had strategically erased the words "more" and "than" from my sentence. Therefore they changing my contribution to "eat calories I can burn in a week"

Uh..... That's NOT what I wrote.

Because I'm in a GYM it makes sense they change it something more fit-friendly but seriously is my statement going to send other gym-goers into a tailspin of gluttony? Are people going to read my post and think "yeah, I'm gonna eat more calories I can burn in a week and cancel my membership"??

No.

So why is my statement more offensive than the "food" and "eating" contributions others made? Is my voice that powerful? I'm pretty egotistical but even I don't think my opinion is that persuasive.

Clearly I've been fooling myself for the past 3 months of working out and making small talk with these apparent health FREAKS because I do not fit in with them. So good riddance.

And who doesn't go to the State Fair JUST to eat more calories they can burn in a week?!?

No one I tell you. No one.

No comments: