Monday, June 28, 2010

There's going to be a new infomercial soon- "Victoria's Secret" won't be a "secret" much longer

I recently went to my local Victoria's Secret to be fitted for a new bra. I had been putting this off for months and months but when I got a gift certificate, I knew it was the universe's way of telling me it's really time to get a fitting.

So off I go to get myself one of their cute little signature bags filled with pink tissue paper and the perfect bra.

It had been a while since as I was last fitted and times have really changed since then.

A consultant, I'll call her Helpful Heather, measured me in the hallway and handed me a bra to try on. She said when I had it on, I was to push the little doorbell-like button in my room.

So I did what I was told- I had it on, pushed the button and waited. I hear keys jingling, my fitting room door opens and she enters.

Whoa.

I guess I saw this coming but that didn't stop the awkward giggle that escaped me as I'm standing shirtless in front of a stranger who proceeded to jiggle my boobs with a straight face while making conversation test the straps.

I'm a pretty modest girl so this whole experience was kinda tough for me to swallow but I was on a mission to get the perfect bra so I told myself to suck up my self consciousness and stop that nervous giggle as she jiggled away.

She exits the room and hands me 5 more bras to try on. Within 30 seconds of her handing me the new ones, she's at my door asking if I'm ready for jiggle-test #2.

Uh, no but feel free to check back in 5.7 seconds....

Which she does.

This will be a whole lot easier if when I'm ready to be jiggle-tested again, I'll just let you know.

The bra has a huge security tag that's practically the size of a candy bar that they courteously attached exactly where the clasp is.

Thanks jerk. You know it was some guy with the security-tag-gun standing there giggling like "hehe, she'll never be able to put this on if I put it right....there. bang."

So I'm standing there, topless in a fitting room with Helpful Heather pounding on the door trying to get in but I can't get the stupid thing on because I'm totally panicking.

I have to give it back to her so she can adjust the tag.

Ah...much better this time because a woman did it.

She comes in, jiggles away and leaves.

On to the next one.

I soon discovered that the security tags are placed right on the clasp of all the bras.

Awesome.

I decided that Victoria's Secret's dressing rooms are bugged with cameras for America's Funniest Girls Gone Wild Homevideo as they tape unsuspecting women struggle to try new bras on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's my favorite 'pope' photo. It was given to me by a pastor friend to write my draft 'I won't participate in any way, shape or form' letter to the church when my ex was seeking an annulment. It made writing the letter a real joy.